INDIGO CADET PILOT PROGRAMME
PROVIDING INDIA'S LEADING PASSENGER AIRLINE WITH WORLD-CLASS PILOTS
We are working with IndiGo, India’s leading passenger airline, to select, train and supply industry-ready pilots as part of a new IndiGo Cadet Pilot Programme. This enables you to learn and train the Skyborne way before embarking on a career as an A320 First Officer with IndiGo.
- A programme designed by Skyborne, in partnership with IndiGo
- You will graduate with US FAA and DGCA CPL MEIR licences
- You will be presented with a Letter of Intent to Employ from IndiGo prior to starting the programme
- Indian National or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) holder
- Eligible to hold a US Visa for the purpose of study
- Hold, or be eligible to hold, an Indian passport with unrestricted rights to live and work in India and travel worldwide
- Have a DGCA computer number
We recommend you successfully complete your DGCA CPL theory exams (Air Regulation, Navigation & Meteorology) which will enable you to commence your flight training. However, if you have not completed these exams, or are in the process of doing so, you are still eligible to apply. If your application is successful and you pass the selection process, we will offer you a place on the training programme and allow you time to complete your DGCA CPL theory exams before commencing your flight training.
You must have:
- 10+2 with at least 51% in each of English, Maths and Physics OR
- A higher Degree in those subjects with an aggregate of 51% and above OR
- An Engineering Degree with a score of 51% and above
You must be aged 18-32 on the first day of the selection process (IndiGo requirement).
You must be fluent in English – both written and spoken. As a guide, you must be proficient enough to achieve IELTS level 5.5 minimum, or equivalent English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) test score.
- Apply online for the IndiGo Cadet Pilot Programme using the ‘apply now’ button below
- Your application will be screened against specific IndiGo and Skyborne criteria
- Suitable applicants will receive an invitation to attend a one-day assessment with Skyborne in Gurgaon where they will be required to complete a range of online psychometric and aptitude screening assessments followed by a short interview with a Skyborne representative.
- Candidates who are successful through this 1 day process with Skyborne will be invited to complete the final selection phase with IndiGo
There is no fee to apply for the IndiGo Cadet Programme with Skyborne; however candidates who are invited to attend the assessment centre in Gurgaon, will be charged £235 to do so.
INDIGO CADET PROGRAMME COURSE PRICE
The program price and what’s included, along with a table showing the payment schedule can be found in this PDF document.
Do you want to be an IndiGo airline pilot?
We are hosting three FREE seminars with IndiGo in March in New Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. If you are interested in finding out more about flying for India’s leading passenger airline, please register your attendance through the below links, or get in touch with us via email.
- Friday 1st March – 15:00 to 18:00 at Delhi – The Leela Ambience, Gurgaon
- Saturday 2nd March – 15:00 to 18:00 at Bangalore – The Leela Palace, Bangalore
- Sunday 3rd March – 15:00 to 18:00 at Mumbai – The Leela Mumbai, Sahar, Mumbai
Selection events are scheduled to take place between 11th to 15th March at Corporate Edge, Level 6, Wing B, Two Horizon Centre, Gurugram, Haryana
The IndiGo Cadet Pilot Programme is a full-time course that takes approximately 18 months to complete.
PHASE 1: US FAA CPL MEIR (13 MONTHS)
You will complete your US FAA 141 CPL MEIR in Arizona, USA.
Course Program (hours):
- CPL IR Flight training on the Cessna 172 = 224 hours
- MEIR Flight training on the DA-42 = 20 hours
- Simulator training = 30 hours
Your training will be in compliance with the Indian DGCA minimum hours requirements.
PHASE 2: US FAA TO INDIA DGCA FLIGHT LICENCE CONVERSION (2 MONTHS)
This phase of training will be completed in India and will require you to take the DGCA-examined flight test to convert your US FAA CPL MEIR to DGCA CPL MEIR, in readiness for phase three of the programme.
PHASE 3: Combined MCC & A320 TYPE RATING (3 MONTHS)
In the third and final phase of the programme you will complete a combined Multi-Crew Cooperation Course (MCC) and DGCA approved Type Rating on the Airbus A320. The location of the Type Rating training will be agreed between IndiGo and Skyborne towards the end of the CPL phase of training.
ASPIRE PINNACLE PEAK APARTMENT HOMES, PHOENIX, ARIZONA, USA
During your time in the USA, you will be based at Aspire Pinnacle Peak, a luxurious apartment complex located just a few minutes from the Westwind School of Aeronautics in Deer Valley, Phoenix. All apartments are fully furnished, complete with modern kitchen appliances, private patio and laundry facilities, as well as access to a communal on-site pool and gym. Breakfast is served from Monday to Friday. For more information, please visit Aspire Pinnacle Peak’s website.
WANT TO BE AN INDIGO AIRLINE PILOT?