COMBINED MEP/CPL/IR /APS MCC
We offer a combined Multi-Engine Piston Class Rating (MEP) and Commercial Pilots Licence Instrument Rating (CPL IR) course with Airline Pilot Standard Multi-Crew Co-Operation (APS MCC). We ensure that all our cadets graduate with a Multi-Engine CPL IR, meaning you are industry-ready and fully prepared to embark on your career as an international airline pilot.
We provide a Skyborne Guarantee that covers training overrun and financial cover in the unlikely event you do not complete your training programme due to performance reasons. Please contact our sales team for more information.
- Apply online using the link below
- Complete online psychometric and aptitude screening tests
- If successful, you’ll receive an invitation to a face-to-face interview with Skyborne
- Successful applicants will be notified
Before starting this course you must:
- Be the holder of a PPL(A) issued in accordance with current EASA legislation and current CAA publications
- Have completed 169 flight hours (Please note that Skyborne can offer a structured hours building package to meet this requirement)
- Hold a night rating
- Hold a flight radio telephony operator licence
- Have completed a 300 nm qualifying cross country
- 100 hrs PIC
- 50 hrs cross country PIC
- Hold a valid Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Have completed the Theoretical Knowledge instruction for the CPL(A) or ATPL(A). The Theoretical Knowledge written exams remain valid for 36 months from the date the last exam was passed (Please note that Skyborne can offer an ATPL Theoretical Knowledge package to meet this requirement)
- Successful licence issue must take place within this period
You must have at least five GCSEs at grade C or above to apply. If applying from outside the UK, please see UK NARIC for guidance on equivalent academic qualifications. Some airlines may insist on higher qualifications, such as A Levels.
A current and valid EASA Class 1 Medical Certificate is required before starting this course.
You must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the this course.
You must be fluent in English and non-native English speakers must comply with EASA requirements.
You will complete your training at our Gloucestershire Airport HQ, making use of our premium equipment and highly experienced staff.
The course typically takes 20 weeks to complete.
- 7 hours of MEP theoretical knowledge instruction
- 41 hours of DA-42 multi-engine piston training
- 35 hours of DA-42 FNPTII training
- 2 hour Combined MEP and CPL test
- 2 hour IR test
- 1 day UPRT theoretical knowledge training
- 3 hours of UPRT Slingsby T67 Firefly training
- 28 hours of APS MCC theoretical knowledge training
- 40 hours B737 MAX simulator training
£44,500 inc. VAT – see Finance and Funding for more information.
For those that have completed their PPL training and are looking for their next steps towards achieving their dream career as a commercial pilot, we can provide additional elements to the Combined Modular programme. This provides you with the opportunity to complete all outstanding elements with one training provider.
- ATPL theoretical knowledge training, 14 exams. All training completed at our Gloucester HQ. £4,999 inc. VAT
- Structured hour building packages completed in Castellon, Spain. Please contact the sales team for a personalised quotation.
OTHER ITEMS TO BUDGET
- Additional flight training (if required) to achieve proficiency
- UK CAA/EASA re-test fee (if required)
- Food and living expenses
- Selection fee