COMMERCIAL PILOT LICENCE (CPL)
A CPL is a requirement set by the International Civil Aviation Organisation for an individual to receive payment for flying an aircraft. We ensure that all our cadets graduate with a CPL, meaning you are industry-ready and fully prepared to embark on your career as international airline pilot.
You will complete your CPL at our Gloucestershire Airport HQ, making use of our premium equipment and highly experienced staff.
The CPL typically takes nine weeks to complete, including Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT).
£17,500 inc. VAT – see Finance and Funding for more information.
Before commencing the CPL course you must:
- Be the holder of a PPL(A) issued in accordance with current EASA legislation and current CAA publications.
- Have completed 169 flight hours
- Have complied with the prerequisites for the issue of a class or type rating for multi-engine aeroplanes in accordance with current EASA legislation and current CAA publications, if a multi-engine aeroplane is to be used on the skill test.
- Hold a valid Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Have completed the Theoretical Knowledge instruction for the CPL(A) or ATPL(A). The Theoretical Knowledge written exams remain valid for 36 months from the date the last exam was passed.
- Successful licence issue must take place within this period