Skyborne EASA Modular ATPL Theory
Skyborne’s Theoretical ATPL provides 767 hours of ground school training; cadets can expect sessions to be both tutor lead, by our experienced industry instructors, and interactive, you will be tasked with complex problem-solving scenarios. As you progress through the course you will see how subjects in the classroom interlink as you take part in observation flights and conduct familiarisation work in our Alsim DA42 and B737 MAX simulators.
At Skyborne we believe by getting the fundamentals of ground school training right as you begin your pilot training will significantly improve your results as you continue your pilot journey, therefore we do not encourage rote based learning.
- Apply online using the link below
- Complete online psychometric and aptitude screening tests
- If successful, you’ll receive an invitation to a face-to-face interview with Skyborne
- Successful applicants will be notified
Before starting this course, you must:
- Be the holder of a PPL(A) issued in accordance with current EASA legislation and current CAA publications
- Hold a valid Class 1 Medical Certificate
You must have at least five GCSEs at grade C or above to apply. If applying from outside the UK, please see UK NARIC for guidance on equivalent academic qualifications. Some airlines may insist on higher qualifications, such as A Levels.
A current and valid EASA Class 1 Medical Certificate is required before starting this course.
You must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the course.
You must be fluent in English and non-native English speakers must comply with EASA requirements.
You will complete your training at our Gloucestershire Airport HQ, making use of our premium equipment and highly experienced staff.
The course takes 28 weeks split over 3 modules.
Module 1: 10 weeks, Module 2: 10 weeks, Module 3: 8 weeks.
- Module 1 – AGK,Met,PoF,M&B,KSA
- Module 2 – IN,Nav Gen, AL, Performance, KSA
- Module 3 – FP,HP,RN,OP,CM,KSA
£4999 inc. VAT
OTHER ITEMS TO BUDGET
- UK CAA/EASA re-test fee (if required)
- Food and living expenses
- Selection fee