PRIVATE PILOT LICENCE (PPL)
Our PPL course is suited to anyone who is simply looking to obtain a licence to fly for leisure, all the way through to someone who is looking to take the first step towards a career as a commercial pilot via the modular route. At Skyborne we do not differentiate between either route, but apply the same professional airline standards to every part of your training. The Skyborne PPL builds a solid foundation, which is the bedrock to safe leisure flying, whilst providing the key foundations for the further demands of commercial flying if that is your aspiration. You will benefit from our state-of-the-art facilities, modern aircraft and simulators; all delivered by our highly experienced and talented instructional team.
You will complete your PPL at our Gloucestershire Airport HQ, making use of our premium DA40 fleet.
The PPL typically takes 10 weeks to complete, including 2 weeks of Theoretical Knowledge training.
- 80 hours theoretical knowledge instruction (2 weeks). 20 hours self-study
- 45 hours of DA40 single-engine piston training, G1000 equipped (35 hours dual, 10 hours solo)
As a guide, we suggest a minimum commitment of 7 hours per week during the flying phases where possible.
£11,800 inc. VAT
Landing fees included.
Before commencing the PPL course you must:
- Hold a valid Class 2 Medical Certificate
- CAA fees for PPL flight test and 9 theoretical exams
- Aircraft hire for flight test
- Resits and additional flying training hours
- Equipment e.g. headset, flight bag, charts, theoretical knowledge books
- Uniform (optional)
Skyborne will facilitate or provide assistance with the above listed exclusions as required.